The family of a Nottinghamshire man who died in a terror attack while on holiday at a hotel in Tunisia are among a group of people suing the travel company TUI.
Relatives of John Stollery, 58, and dozens of other people killed or seriously injured in the 2015 attack are seeking damages from the firm.
They say security at the hotel was not checked properly and the company should have provided more information about the terror threat level around the time they booked their holidays.
Mr Stollery, a social worker from Walesby, was shot dead in the attack on the Imperial Marhaba Hotel and a nearby beach in Sousse on June 26, 2015.
He was on holiday with his wife Cheryl and son Matthew at the time. They both survived the attack.
The law firm Irwin Mitchell, representing the families of 22 people who died including the Stollerys, announced the formal group civil action in a statement.
“The damages claimed will help compensate them for their suffering, their financial losses and help survivors meet the costs of specialist treatments and therapies to aid their recoveries,” said lawyer Kylie Hutchison.
A spokesman for TUI said the firm remained ‘truly saddened’ by the attack, adding in a statement: “Our thoughts remain with all of those who were affected by the horrific incident.
“As this is now subject to legal proceedings it would be inappropriate to comment further at this stage except to say we will fully cooperate with the judicial process.”
Extremist Seifeddine Rezgui killed 38 people in the attack and wounded more than 30 others before being shot down by police. Islamic State said it was behind the incident.
At an inquest held at the Royal Courts of Justice in London in February, a coroner ruled all the victims had been ‘unlawfully killed’.