Owner of dirty Carlton takeaway admits poor hygeine

Nottingham, takeaway, carlton, asia tandoori, dirty, hygiene, court,

The former owner of Asia Tandoori takeaway in Carlton is to be sentenced after admitting breaching food hygiene laws.

Mazafar Mohammed, 38, was in charge when the eatery failed several hygiene visits and was found to not meet EU regulations.

Inspectors from Gedling Borough Council found grubby equipment and dirty surfaces when they visited.

The council says Mr Mohammed failed requirements on maintaining and cleanliness of food and equipment, depositing food waste correctly and failure to have proper procedures in place.

He will be sentenced at Nottingham Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, January 22.

Picture Gallery: Inspectors found unclean surfaces and appliances

The business, which was on Carlton Square, stopped operating after the council took action, and the building has been taken over by a different business and owner under a new name.

It’s right that he now has to deal with the consequences

Councillor David Ellis, the authority’s portfolio holder for public protection, said:“Mr Mohammed repeatedly disregarded the requirements set by the food hygiene standards and put people at risk.

“It’s right that he now has to deal with the consequences set out by the court.”

Mr Mohammed of Bakersfield, Nottingham, has previously had a number of food hygiene improvement notices served against him.

The business scored a zero on the food hygiene scheme from a scale rated from zero to five, with five being the best.

Cllr Daid Ellis, added: “Our team of Environmental Health officers work hard to ensure that outlets like this one will not be allowed to continue operating.

“We hope this acts as a deterrent to any business owners who cut corners when it comes to food safety.”

Mr Mohammed admitted four food hygiene breaches when he appeared in court yesterday.

 

 

(Visited 198 times, 1 visits today)