The final stages of the battle between the best unsigned bands is taking place, and the lucky winner will open up Splendour in front of 20,000 people.
The finalists will get the chance to perform in front of industry experts and a live audience on Sunday 19th June at Rock City.
There is set to be a record number of voters this year, and the six finalists who will be competing against each other have now been revealed.
George Akins, owner of entertainment company DHP Family said: “Future Sound of Nottingham (FSN) is a fantastic contest which showcases the very best of Nottinghamshire’s unsigned talent.
“Congratulations to the acts that have made it through to the final round, we look forward to welcoming the overall champion on the stage at Splendour.”
The six chosen ones
- SKI – Eclectic hip-hop with a salsa style instrumental and clever wordplay, Ski was the R1 industry judges favourite, and went straight through to the Rock City final.
- OSCAR SPEED – The #FSN2014 finalist returns with sultry blue eyes soul. He came second in R1, so secured an auto final place.
- HOMESICK – Super catchy female fronted pop punk, who won the public vote.
- BABE PUNCH – Raw female punk with heavy riffs, sass, and tons of energy.
- LISA HENDRICKS AND THE PROJECT-US BAND – A dose of Notts reggae perfect for summer.
- SUPER FURNITURE – Dual vocal alternative rock with indie influences.
All the finalists can be viewed on the Nusic New Music Podcast, entry to the final is free and is open to over 14s.
Nusic’s Mark Del said:”The main goals we set for FSN this year was to increase diversity both in terms of music genre and performers, and increase the amount of exposure musicians got from taking part.