Video: Chair of Nottingham Forest Supporters’ Trust Richard Antcliff on Montanier
Billy Davies has emerged as the bookies’ favourite to become the new Nottingham Forest manager.
Odds of 3/1 are available for Davies to be appointed as the next manager of the Reds after Philippe Montanier was sacked on Saturday (January 14) evening.
However reports have claimed that Fawaz Al-Hasawi will not consider appointing Billy Davies because of their strained relationship.
Bookies’ top ten of who will be the next Nottingham Forest manager
- Billy Davies 3/1
- Oscar Garcia 7/2
- Gary Rowett 4/1
- Jack Lester 4/1
- Ryan Giggs 8/1
- Gary Brazil 10/1
- Nigel Pearson 12/1
- Nigel Clough 14/1
- Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 14/1
- Kenny Jackett 18/1
Red Bull Salzburg manager Oscar Garcia is the second favourite to become the new boss after being linked with the role back in the summer.
Gary Rowett is the third favourite but reports claim that he has said he would not be interested in becoming the new Reds’ boss under Fawaz Al-Hasawi’s ownership.
A spokesperson for Gary Rowett has told @SkySportsNewsHQ he would NOT be interested in taking over as manager under the current owner #nffc
— Lyall Thomas (@SkySportsLyall) January 13, 2017
Forest drew 0-0 away at Birmingham City on Saturday in what proved to be Montanier’s last match in charge, which leaves the Reds in 20th in the Championship, just three points above the relegation zone.
His dismissal came just 24 hours after the club announced that John Jay Moore’s takeover of Forest had been called off and that Forest were out of their transfer embargo.
Chairman of Nottingham Forest Supporters’ Trust Richard Antcliff said he was sad to see Montanier go.
He said: “Montanier arrived with dignity and has been superb in the way he has conducted himself and ended his reign in the same light.
“He’s very well thought of and was unfortunate that results didn’t go his way; ironic how he departed on the day we kept a clean sheet.
“But that was part of the issue, around keeping clean sheets, and getting the results.
“The names of his replacement to me though are irrelevant, I would probably go from within though.”
Video: Richard Antcliff on unanswered questions at Nottingham Forest
He also said he was disappointed to see the proposed takeover involving collapse.
He said: “It is disappointing to hear that the deal has fallen through as it sounded as though we were on the cusp of a new dawn which would have brought optimism.
“It could have provided the very much needed leadership off the pitch.
“A new owner brings in that new found optimism, that fresh start, and that’s what Forest fans are craving for.
“Clearly there are many fans who are angry at the minute, and rightly so.”
The Supporters’ Trust is also set to receive backing by former Reds striker Stan Collymore, who has pledged his help.
“Stan has agreed to do everything he can to help the Trust, to help the fans and to help this football club,” said Mr Antcliff.
“He’s got contacts behind the scenes and he’s happy to work with the existing or any potential new owners.
“He wants to help us kick on and hopefully improve where we are at right now.”