When is it on?
You can see us 24 hours a day on Freeview Channel 7, Virgin 159, online and On Demand at nottstv.com. We also broadcast live on the internet through TV Player.
What programmes are you showing?
In addition to 90 minutes of local news and chat every weekday, we broadcast a range of programmes across sport, politics, debate, property, music, history and entertainment. Check our schedule to find out what’s on today.
Can I get it online?
Yes, you can access our programmes whenever and wherever you want, right here by using the catch-up menu.
I want you to cover my story, how do I let you know about it?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0115 993 2350.
Can I get work experience?
It’s very important to us that we recruit and retain local talent. Keep an eye on our jobs page for recruitment and work experience opportunities.
Can I advertise with you? Is it really expensive?
The concept of Local TV is truly game changing. Making TV advertising affordable for the very first time, a new generation of targeted media opportunities are within the grasp of smaller businesses. Visit our advertising page, email email@example.com or call 0115 9932388
How can I keep up-to-date with what’s happening?
How do I complain?
Notts TV aims for the highest standards of fairness and accuracy in broadcasting and online news. But if you are not happy with a programme, news report or article you can email us outlining your complaint, which we will strive to deal with quickly and fairly.
Notts TV’s programming also adheres to the rules and code set out by the broadcast regulator, Ofcom. Its online team also aims to abide by the IPSO Editors’ Code of Practice.
If you want to complain about an online article or social media content, please email our digital editor on firstname.lastname@example.org
If your complaint relates to news programming in our Ey Up Notts show, or other programmes on the channel, please email email@example.com
You can also write to;
Antenna Media Centre
1A Beck Street
In each case please state;
-The article or show you’re complaining about.
-The date on which it appeared.
-Whether the article appeared in print or online (and whether through a browser or via one of our mobile apps), or only on television, or both.
-The nature of your complaint in no more than 500 words.
You can also get in touch by calling us on 0115 993 2350
Please note that in making a complaint, you agree to respond promptly to any request for further information. Our complaints process is free of charge, regardless of outcome.
We reserve the right to amend this policy as required.
What happens to your complaint?
Once we’ve received your complaint, you should receive a reply acknowledging it the same working day, if it was sent via email.
If your complaint is being taken up, we aim to contact you again within 72 hours.
Although some complaints will be dealt with within days, we aim to give a substantive response to your complaint within 28 days of receiving all the necessary information.
However, this may take longer in more complex cases where more information is required, or where staff are away or unreachable. If we receive multiple complaints about the same issue we may not respond to all.
If the appropriate editor deems there to have been error on our part, he or she will suggest an appropriate remedy. Corrections and clarifications will appear on the relevant web page and or on-screen if appropriate.
We will always aim to handle your complaint fairly, courteously and with respect. We expect the same behaviour from complainants and reserve the right to decline to consider complaints that are abusive or gratuitously offensive.
If at any stage of your complaint we do not hear back from you within 28 days, we will consider your complaint satisfied and closed.
What’s your policy on privacy and data?
Notts TV and Confetti Media Group are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This Privacy Notice provides important information about how Notts TV and its associated entities (“Notts TV”, “Confetti”, “we”, or “us”), identifies and manages its Data Protection responsibilities in accordance with its legal and regulatory obligations. Notts TV is run by a consortium involving Confetti Media Group (CMG). CMG’s Privacy Notice has been adopted, with additions to reflect local business practice.
Notts TV encourages you to review the privacy statements of any websites you choose to navigate to from our website (or navigate from to our website) or digital services that we provide links to, so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information as well. Any third party sites that you can access through the website are not covered by this Privacy Notice and we accept no responsibility or liability for these sites
Who we are
Notts TV is a “data controller” which means we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully and contact the CMG Data Protection Officer if you have any questions about our privacy practices or your personal information choices.
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Confetti Media Group
6-10 Convent Street
Nottingham, NG1 3LL
We may need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If changes made to this Privacy Notice are considered to be material, we will notify you of the changes.
Notts TV is committed to the responsible handling and protection of personal information. Personal Data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person (a “Data Subject”) can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). The information will be Personal Data if a person can be identified either directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person. For example personal data may include names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers; it may also include images in photographs or films and recorded telephone conversations.
Why we process your data
We collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store personal information to provide Services to you and for our operational and business purposes as described in this Privacy Notice. We want to be clear about our privacy practices so that you are fully informed and can make choices about the use of your information, and we encourage you to contact us at any time with questions or concerns. DPO@confettimediagroup.com
The types of personal information we collect
We collect personal information from you, for example, if you register for an event, request course information, study or use any of our Services. The categories of personal information that we may collect, store and use about you include (but are not limited to)
- Name, address, telephone number, email;
- Date of birth and gender;
- Any disability/access requirements or medical issues;
- Communications relating to decision we make;
- Bank details and/or payment card details;
- Visual images / photographs (including CCTV);
- Computing and email information including login details, network
We may process ‘special category personal information’ in the following circumstances:
- In limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent;
- Where we need to carry out our legal obligations or comply with relevant legislation;
- Where it is needed in the public interest, such as for equal opportunities monitoring and reporting or to carry out Criminal Record background checks;
- Where the processing is necessary for archiving purposes in the public interest, or for scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes, subject to further safeguards for your fundamental rights and interests specified in law.
How we collect your data
Apart from the data that you provide to us directly, we may also process data about you from a range of sources, which include (but are not limited to):
- Data that we and our staff generate about you, such as through work appraisals if you are a member of staff or student.
- A school, previous establishments, or employers, if they have supplied references to us;
- Through interactions you have with individual people at Notts TV.
- Through our Digital Services: which are the Notts TV website at www.nottstv.com. We collect information that you provide to us by filling out forms on the website or by corresponding with us through the Digital Services. It includes information that you provide when you participate in entering a competition, promotion or survey.
- Email or telephone correspondence you have with Notts TV or instant messaging.
If you pay or contribute to Services from Notts TV, we will collect payment information, such as financial or bank card information, and other information necessary for us to process the transaction.
How we use data about you
We use your personal information for the following purposes;
- To provide you with information on products or services that you may request from us, or which we feel may be of interest to you.
- To enable all financial transactions to and from us, including payments, grants and benefits;
- To contact you about filming opportunities or studio appearances as part of our programming
- To carry out our contractual obligations with you which will include the operation and delivery of any services you have requested, deal with requests and enquiries;
- Where it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation;
- For security, safety and disciplinary purposes
- To ensure we meet our statutory obligations, including those related to diversity and equal opportunity;
- Photographs of studio or on location activity or general activity in common areas of Notts TV as part of general marketing materials, for example in our annual report or brochures. Personal data alongside photographs will only be used with explicit consent;
- To ensure compliance with the Prevent Duty under the Counter Terrorism & Security Act 2015;
- Progressive profiling – we may use your personal information to better personalise communications to you;
- Internal data matching – to enable us to merge certain types of data collected by Notts TV to identify known and unknown users and map interactions with Confetti’s Digital Services to CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platforms and applications, for purposes of personalising content, understanding audiences, analysing marketing performance and targeting advertising; and
Who we share your data with
Notts TV shares or discloses personal information when necessary to provide Services or conduct our business operations. When we share personal information, we do so in accordance with data privacy and security requirements. We may occasionally share non-personal, anonymised or pseudonymised, and statistical data with third parties.
We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legal requirement or legitimate interest in doing so. Third parties will only process your personal data on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat that information confidentially and to keep it secure.
Below are the parties with whom we may share personal information and why;
- Debt collection agencies and payment service providers.
- We may be required to use and retain personal information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; fraud or safeguarding.
- We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit or governmental requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate.
(a) Under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence;
(b) To respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
(c) To enforce our terms and conditions; and
(d) To protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
How long we keep your data for
We will not store your personal information for longer than is necessary. Notts TV will ensure that our trusted partners and selected third parties with whom we share your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice will delete your personal information when they no longer require it.
In determining data retention periods, Notts TV takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our data subjects. When we no longer need personal information, we securely delete or destroy it.
How we secure your data
We have in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business requirement to know.
Notts TV takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information.
- Policies and procedures – measures are in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategies that are designed to safeguard the continuity of our service to our clients and to protect our people and assets.
- Appropriate restrictions on access to personal information.
- Monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely.
- Data Privacy Impact Assessments (DPIA) in accordance with legal requirements and our business policies.
- Periodic training on privacy, information security, and other related subjects for employees and contractors.
- Vendor risk management.
- Contracts and security reviews on third-party vendors and providers of services.
We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal information.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to ask us to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information in limited circumstances. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are processing your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interest (or that of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction or suspension of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Object to any direct marketing (for example, email marketing or phone calls) by us, and to require us to stop such marketing.
- Object to any automated decision-making about you which produces legal effects or otherwise significantly affects you.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
How to contact us
Please contact us with any requests related to your personal information, or with any questions or queries you may have about this statement.
Our DPO contact is:
If you are not satisfied with how Notts TV manages your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator.
The ICO contact details are: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/