Nottingham Forest’s owner Evangelos Marinakis has announced on Instagram he has Coronavirus after watching the Reds play Millwall on Friday (March 6) night.
Marinakis posted a message on the social media platform saying he had a ‘visit’ from the virus.
He was in the City Ground stands on Friday night when he watched his side lose 3-0 at home to Millwall.
His full statement reads: “The recent virus has ‘visited’ me and I felt obliged to let the public know.
“I feel good as I take all the necessary measures and I discipline to the doctors’ instructions.
“I strongly advice [sic] all my fellow citizens to do the same. I wish all a quick recovery.”
Nottingham Forest released a statement this afternoon confirming Marinakis has Coronavirus.
A spokesperson from the club said: “Mr Marinakis was diagnosed after showing the first symptoms on his return to Greece yesterday afternoon.
“During his short stay in Nottingham last week, he did not show any symptoms of the virus.
“The club are seeking advice from medical professionals and the relevant governing bodies to ensure the correct measures are taken.
“Until this time the club will be making no further comment.”
This comes after Nottinghamshire County Council and Public Health England East Midlands released a joint statement after two more people were diagnosed with Coronavirus in Nottinghamshire, bringing the total amount of cases in the county to seven.
Dr Fu-Meng Khaw, centre director for Public Health England East Midlands, said: “Public Health England is contacting people who had close contact with five of the latest confirmed cases of COVID-19.
“The cases are residents of Nottinghamshire and recently returned from Italy.
“Close contacts will be given health advice about symptoms and emergency contact details to use if they become unwell in the 14 days after contact with the confirmed cases.
“This tried and tested method will ensure we are able to minimise any risk to them and the wider public.”
Jonathan Gribbin, director of public health for Nottinghamshire County Council, said: “I’d like to reassure people that the risk to the general public remains low and the local authority is working with health colleagues to do everything we can to stop the virus spreading and ensure the people of Nottinghamshire are protected.
“Good hygiene is the best prevention and there are some simple steps you can take to protect you and your family by washing your hands regularly and thoroughly and if you cough, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue.
“If you have recently been to one of the affected areas and are feeling unwell, you should phone the NHS 111 helpline for further advice straight away – please don’t go to your doctor or a hospital.
“There’s lots of advice on how people can protect themselves online at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.”