Man’s kidnap caught on camera in ‘tit-for-tat’ campaign of violence

The moment Lukasz Kielb was bundled into the back of a fiat by his kidnappers in Bobbers Mill

Seven men have been jailed for their involvement in a tit-for-tat case of kidnap and violence – which included bundling a man into the back of a car in broad daylight.

The group were involved in a long-running dispute involving weapons, torture and a horrifying lunchtime incident in Bobbers Mill which was captured on CCTV.

Trouble began on the evening of Monday, November 24 2014 when Lukasz Kielb drove his friend Kacper Wojciechowski to a house in Rosetta Road, New Basford.

There he dragged him into the cellar and, with the help of Mark Duffus, tied him up, scalded him with boiling water, beat him with a knuckleduster and a metal pole, and slashed his arms and legs with knives.

Wojciechowski escaped the cellar the next morning and called 999. He suffered a broken nose and cheekbone,  and cuts to his arms and legs which needed stitches.

Despite Wojciechowski claiming he didn’t know his attackers, police started an investigation into what the suspected was a brewing vendetta.

Instead of reporting Kielb to police, Wojciechowski took the law into his own hands. He enlisted the help of his three brothers, Bartlomiej, Sebastian and Grzegorz, and brother-in-law Marcin Borowczak, in an act of payback.

At 12.35pm on Sunday, December 21 2014 the brothers, travelling in a Fiat Ulysee in Bobbersmill Road, Bobbers Mill, rammed the back of a Rover in which Kielb was travelling.

They dragged him from the vehicle and bundled him into the boot of their car in a moment caught on a CCTV camera.

They then drove him to an area of wasteland off Alfreton Road, where they attacked him.

After the beating, they forced him back into the boot but as they approached the main road they were met by police.

Kielb suffered life threatening head injuries, which later required stitches, as well as an open fracture to his hand, which required surgery.

It was through questioning by detectives that the full extent of the offences was revealed. Kielb and Duffus were subsequently arrested and charged for their involvement.

All seven men pleaded guilty to violent offences and were handed jail terms at Nottingham Crown Court on Friday.

Jailed: The seven men sentenced

• Twenty-year-old Lukasz Kielb, of Atherton Rise in Aspley, and Mark Duffus, 39, of Beckenham Road in Radford, were each jailed for four years for false imprisonment and four years for causing grievous bodily harm, to run concurrently.
• Twenty-two-year-old Kacper Wojciechowski, of Nottingham Road in Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Grzegorz Wojciechowski, 24, of Langtry Grove in New Basford, Sebastian Wojciechowski, 30, of Woodborough Road in Mapperley, and Marcin Borowczak, 36, of Langtry Grove in New Basford, each received jail terms of four years for kidnap and four years for causing grievous bodily harm, to run concurrently.
• Bartlomiej Wojciechowski, 28, of no fixed address, was jailed for three years for causing grievous bodily harm.

All but Duffus will be deported once they have served their sentences.

Detective Constable Emma Pollard said: “We can’t be sure what motivated this campaign of violence, but what we are sure of is each and everyone’s involvement, thanks to a thorough investigation.

“Seven very violent men have now been removed from our neighbourhoods, making the streets of Nottingham a safer place to be.”

(Visited 658 times, 1 visits today)